Friday, December 28, 2007

Interview with Sriram


This is the first interview of Srikanth aka Sriram on web...


Sriram (srikanth for tamil audience ) going on very well with a hatrick of hits in Tamil, and an average fourth one made his entry into telugu films with okariki okaru which is doing well at the box office.

The Telugu-born hero recently got an international award from Malayisa for the best new actor for his first film Rojapulu.
I could catch hold of the after a long wait for almost a week

Here are the experts of the interview:

Sri : I came to know that you are from Andhra Pradesh, could you tell me something about your back ground?
Sriram : Yes you are right, (smiles) I am from Hyderabad. I studied until my 10th class in Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Jubilee hills. My father used to work in State bank of India in king koti and my mother in Telephones Department in lakdikapool.

After my tenth Standard we have to shift to Madras as my father got transferred to that place. So, I joined college in Madras. I did my B.Sc in computer science. That is the reason I am familiar with the both the languages.

Sri : What made you enter into this film Industry?
Sriram : I wanted to become an actor. So I started approaching the directors. I don�t even know that I need to have a good portfolio for a good presentation.

I took just the ordinary pictures for the presentation. I was selected for kadalar Virus by director Kadhir. After 10 months and just before the muhurt day I was dropped. I was shattered. I don�t know the reasons.

But kadhir sir introduced me to Jeeva who is planning to do 12 B and asked for my portfolio. I didn�t have any. Then my mother gave her savings and with that I made my portfolio. You know it costs like 15, 000 rupees. Which is very costly for a middle class family like us.

After the portfolio I got the chance of doing an Ad for Sprite and I earned 40,000 and I repaid my mother.

After that I got a couple of chances in advertisements. After seeing advertisements and my portfolio the producers of Rojakuttam (Roja pulu in Telugu), Oscar Ravichandhran and Sasi (director) gave me the opportunity.

My parents fixed a span of two years for me to enter into films and consolidate myself, if I am unable to achieve the target, I was asked to join in some job.

But with the blessings of my parents I made it today. I am happy because they supported me when I needed the most.

Sri: How come you made your way into Tollywood when you are busy with the Tamil films?
Sriram : When Rojapulu was dubbed into telugu many offers came to me from Telugu producers. I was really excited, but I was already committed in many tamil films.

So, I cannot readily give dates for them. But when Gemini kiran garu and rasool garu approached with a good script which centers around me, I was tempted and did the film. The film came out very good and I am very much thankful to rasool garu and kiran garu for the opportunity given to me.

Sri: Being a Telugu guy how come sri (music director) dubbed you voice in okariki okaru?
Sriram : It is an unfortunate, even I am not very happy with that, but what can we do? I am too busy in running between Pondicherry and Ooty for the shootings and the dubbing, pre release mixing are in Hyderabad.

So I cannot adjust dates for the dubbing. And we need to release the film without the delay. When I can dub my own in tamil films why cannot I do in telugu which is my mother tongue. I am also disappointed, but next time I will make sure I have some dates for the post productions works, so that I can dub my own dialogues in the next telugu film. Now okariki okaru is being dubbed in Tamil and I have already completed the dubbing for the same in Tamil version.

Sri: Your favorite directors with whom you love to work?
Sriram : Beyond doubt, it will be Maniratnam. I am knocking his doors since a long time. Then from tamil I like to do with bala, fazil etc,.

In Telugu I am longing to work with Krishnavamsi, I missed couple of chances with him. He approached me immediately after Rojakuttam (roja pulu in telugu), but the dates could not be adjusted at that time.
I had a talk with him recently in okariki okaru shooting.

But I would definitely like to do a film with him, he is a tremendous director. And there are many new directors in telugu who are very talented and hardworking the list will be big (laughs), like Poori and Vinayak etc.. I am ready to work with them given a chance and prove myself.

Sri: what are the elements you look for before selecting a script?
Sriram : Definitely the story. It is not that story should revolve around me. But it should have a combination of everything. Like action, comedy, love, sentiments everything should be interwoven. It should satisfy the all types of audiences, then the proper director to handle it. Luckily so far I got that type of directors.

Sri : who is your favourite actor in the present ?
Sriram : It is chiranjeevi in telugu. And Rajani in tamil. I recently met chiranjeevi sir in jyothika� birthday party, that is the most happiest movement for me. He is such a good person I cannot tell in words. He promised to watch the okariki okaru with me when I come to Hyderabad. He gave me his blessings. He such a nice person. At this age also his dances are amazing. He is an icon. Every mother like to have a son like him, or sees his son in him. Every brother looks at him as an elder brother. And he is such a down to earth person, It is a dream coming true to me. I never expected him to be that simple. And you know about Rajani sir. He is also such a down to earth person. I hope if I can achieve 20 percent of what they are today I will be proud.

Sri: What about the heroines you work with ? Do you prefer any particular person and recommend ?
Sriram : No that all depends on the director and producer. It is entirely their choice.

Sri : so far you worked with the senior heroines like bhoomika and sneha what are your experiences with them?
Sriram : (on bhoomika) oh she is tremendous actress. Working with her is like my dream coming true. I forget everything until I completed a schedule .Though she had couple of films before this and she is much more talented then me. She is pretty down to earth. There is this particular scene where I need to slap her. That shot was on front of the crowd.

I am unable to do it in one take. She encouraged me to do it again and again. The crowd is so much upset that I am hitting a girl and I myself is unable to do it. I am also upset as I cannot lift hand on a girl (laughs). She became so upset and said if you are not going to do again (until the shot is done) I will walk away from the film. I did it finally after three takes and the fourth one was the right one.

Another great thing about her is that she cannot understand tamil, she used to practice the dialogues in her make up room all the time. She used to write in English and in Hindi and used to practice in her make up room. I am fortunate to work with her in my first film. We are still good friends.
On Sneha : she is another actress whom I worked in two films. She is another great actress. Working with her is always a pleasure. I worked with � April Mathathil� and partiban kannavu with her. She is a dedicated actress. One day while coming to the shooting for april mathathil she met with an accident and broke her leg. But she didn�t informed anything about it and completed the shooting with that pain. She is that dedicated.

Sri : (interrupting his flow) but I thought it is you met with the accident at that time?
Sriram : (laughs) yes I also met with the accident after that. When the producer got to know that she is acting with the cruches he gave one month holiday for the shooting. Meanwhile I met with the car accident and was in bed for that one month and enjoyed the holidays in that � (laughs).

Sri: she is another good actress. But how come she is not acting anymore?
Sriram : that is because of the rumors about her that she is getting married soon. I don�t know why press some times does like that. Because of this producers are feared that she might get married in the middle of the picture which will be a bad for the film.

Sri: what about the rumors about your love affair with her?
Sriram : As you said they are rumors, not true. They even got us married with out our knowledge . I don�t know what satisfaction they get in spreading this rumors. It is not all the press who does that, only few.
I think sneha is doing a telugu film now. She is good at her acting, a good professional.

Sri: what about your future projects?
Sriram : I am doing a film with ayam perumal for the film joot , ayam perumal is the one who directed dum dum dum earlier and he is from maniratnam sir school. I just completed a fight scene composed by vijayan sir the film heroine is meera jasmin.

Sri: the heroine of the film �RUN�?
Sriram : yes. She is a live wire. Great actress. She gives good competition to act. I think she is doing a film with Pawan kalayan garu now.

I am also doing another film varnajalam with Sada, she is another natural actress. You will be surprised how they acts so natural and which makes you work more harder to prove your self. I like their natural flavor of acting and I am trying to improve more and more by watching them, Another film I am doing is annasalai for the producers of partiban kannavu and the heroine will be sonia agariwal who acted in kadal kondedan (this film is getting remade in telugu with allari naresh as a hero). There are another two films after this. So I will be busy until the end of the next year (laughs).

Sri: Do you have any brothers and sisters?
Sriram : yes I have one elder brother who works in Washington DC in cannon. He is there for last seven years. He just came here for a visit after seven years. My parents went to America for a visit. My sister-in-law is also working in USA.

Sri : so when are you coming to America?
Sriram : Actually we are supposed to shot second half of okariki okaru there (America). But it was done in Austria in the last minute. I was excited about it when I thought it will be America. But I think I will do it some time for some another film.

Sri : any message to our readers?
Sriram :I wish them a happy diwali and I like to see their inputs on my first telugu straight film.

No comments: