Saturday, April 19, 2008

Aakash First Interview

Hero Akash, made his mark in Tollywood with the super hit film Anandam is a native of Nellore district. He moved to London along with his father.

After completing his studies, he made an unsuccessful attempt by responding to an advertisement to Maniratnam�s Madras Talkies.

Finally his efforts took a concrete form when he made his first screen debut in Rojavanam produced by Kavitalaya (owned by noted director K.Balachander).

Immediately after that signed the films like Ramma chilakamm and Anandam. Anandam was a big hit, and he also won couple of awards like Vamsi film award for the best new actor, Andhra Cine Awards and NTR film Awards.

I contacted him just before the release of his latest film Anadamandamayee (this interview is taken one day before the film release), he cleared the controversies surrounded on him.


Excerpts from the interview


Sri: What do you feel about he film?

Akash : The film came out very well. The audio is super hit. I am confident on the success of the film. Even Ramojirao garu watched the film and appreciated me. I feel proud of it.


Sri: So how is the heroine?

Aakash : She is great and really done a good job. She is spontaneous and acted well.


Sri : Why so many controversies surrounded you? People complained that the success made you forget everything.

Aakash : That is all wrong andi. I can tell what went wrong. I signed the film Neetone untanu before Anandam. At that time I was new to the Industry and do not know who can complete the film and who cannot.

These were producers unable to complete the film before Anandam. Once Anandam became a big hit, they came back to me to encash on the hit of Anandam. Even I was keen on completing the film, but they do not have funds.

Owing to my sentimental feeling (as it was the first Telugu film to sign), I helped them by giving two lakhs to complete the film. The film was in the making for two years that became stale and flopped.


Sri: What went wrong with Manasuto?

Aakash: Manasuto, when they narrated the story to me they told me that the film heroine of the film will be Sonali bendre.

The cameraman is a very good friend of mine. They told me that it is Two-Hero film and other hero is also a famous actor.

So I agreed. But then they bought Arjoo Gaurikar saying that she is big star in some other language. I cannot say anything as I am still a new comer. The movie is a disaster from the day one.


Sri: Producer of June July said the film was delayed because of you?

Aakash : No sir, I am not responsible for the delay. Mavulayya garu came with his friend for the film and I did the film for a low price as Mavulayya garu is a noted producer.

The film went some financial problems. I am no way related to it. That is one of the good pictures I was banking on. The product was delayed because of the financiers backed in the last minute. And it became stale. But I am no way responsible for it.

Urumanadiraa is also another film which ran into this type of problems, but I am not responsible, what can I do? I cannot finance each and every film.


Sri: Why did you start doing supporting roles, when you entered the Industry as a hero?

Aakash: It is not a supporting role, but just a guest and important role I did it vasantam. I agreed that film because the producer is a very good friend of mine. Venkatesh garu is a gentleman and very co-operative in the sets.

The film was hit and I was appreciated. That is what matters at the end! And Ramma chilakamma I did because of Bhardwaja garu. And I also have a important role in the film.


Sri: But you did the same in Tamil films too, like Rojavanam, Rojakuttam, one Tarun film if I remember correctly?

Aakash: Rojavanam is my debut film and any one will do a small role in Balachandar film. It is great to work with him, who can refuse the role?

Rojakuttam, I played a good role. It is an important role & has no negative shade. Everyone appreciated my role. In the Tarun�s film I did because it is a super good films film. I cannot refuse Choudhary garu. Now Anandam Tamil version is also a hit and I am doing Agstyan sir film which I am doing as hero. So I am happy with that.


Sri: What about your hi-tech students?

Aakash : (laughs) no one remembers that film, that came had com and gone. I signed that film when I just entered the field. It is a mistake. The director of the film is new and immature in handling the script.


Sri: your Pilste palukuta�?

Aakash: The film was hit in small centers andi. When I was approached for the film they told me that I am the hero and heroine is Shamita shetty, and it is a love story with a touch of god elements. But when the film was released, I was shocked to see my face in a stamp size on the wall posters. When I asked them they gave some unreasonable answers andi. Cannot help it.

***image3***


Sri: now back to Anandam Anandamayee. How do you feel working with Chakri?

Aakash : Chakri garu is doing a special role andi. He is nice man. Very co-operative. He is jovial and a great perfectionist. By working with him we learn a lot. I perfectly enjoyeed working with him.


Sri: What are the future projects your are working on?

Aakash: I am doing one Agastyan sir film in Tamil and one Telugu film called Aakash Naidu LLB at present.


Sri: don�t you think that you are traveling in two boats at the same time?

Aakash: I am balancing in both, it is Tamil field who gave me the first break and it is Telugu people who gave me my big hit. So I cannot leave anyone.


Sri: how do you know about our site?

Aakash : When I went to London after Anandam released, people said they saw my photos in Telugucinema.com site and said I looked very good and wants to know more about me. I was surprised that I was known in London before the film is released there. It happened because of your site. Thanks a lot for it.


Though the film is an average at box office Aakash is appreicated for his role in the film. We at Telugucinema.com wishes him best of luck for his forth coming films.

No comments: