Sunday, April 20, 2008

Raasi first interview

I met Raasi when she came for shows, which are organized by Vijayshekar Vellanki. That was much before her marriage and she is doing lot of films at that time. Naresh and Aryan are not entered into the cinefield at that time. We spend lot of time roaming around New York and New Jersey This interview was taken in the bus when we are travelling from New York to Washington DC.. This is her first Web interview

Telugucinema.com proudly presents.......
an exclusive INTERVIEW with RAASI.

Raasi started her film career as a child artist. Suddenly she became a heroine with Subhakanshalu. The film was big hit and followed by Gokulam lo sita and Preyasi raave etc., some of the experts from her interview. Here are the experts of an interview by Sri

Name: D.Vijaya Lakshmi
Screen Name: Raasi
Date of Birth: June 29th, 1981
Education: 10th, Now Doing B.A
First Film (Year): Priyam (1996)
First Break: Subhakankshalu
Father: D.Venkatesh
Mother: Nagamani
Brother: D.Vijaya Krishna

How did you came into the field?
My father has lot of friends in the field, so I was introduced as a child artist that time.

You came as a child artist and acted with Rajashekar, Balakrishna and other heroes. Now you are acting with them as a heroine. So you call them Uncle or something else?
(laughs). I don't have problem in calling them. But � (laughs again) No I won't call them like that. I call them as sir, or with garu etc.,

Don't you miss your childhood because you started as a child artist? What are your feelings about it?
Yes I missed it. I feel bad about it. But I am also happy about it. All the children go to school, but only very rarely they become an artist. So I am proud and happy about it.

Don't you miss your friends? Don't you feel lonely?
I don't have any friends from the beginning. I am always like that. so there is no chance of missing them.

Usually you look fat in the movies, but you look so thin now and looks childesh too.
:(laughs) Yes that is because in the screen every one looks little fat then they look really. But I look more because I was a little fat. But for last three months I slimmed a lot and that is the reason I look thin now

Your mother tongue is Telugu, but your screen debut as a heroine is in Tamil with Manjula and Vijaykumar's son
He is Arunkumar

One of the song was a big hit in tamil
dilrubha dilrubha song

Yeah. But that time your name was Mantra. Why so many names. Vijaya, Mantra and Raasi?
Because there are lot of Vijaya's around. Like KR vijaya, Y.Vijaya, Vijay nirmala etc., so they changed my name in tamil. But the director Bhemaneni Srinivas Rao Garu thought the name sounds like a evil character of Ramayana. So he said my future should be prosporus and named me as Raasi.

What is the name in passport
Vijaya

Your film with Pawan Kalyan "gokulamlo sita" was a hit. It was a remake of tamil hit who played the tamil role
Suvalaxmi

That was a turning point to you. After that you did couple of films with Mutyala Subaiah. So how good is your terms with him?
I did five films with him as a child artist. So he is like a family member to me.

Atleast do you call him as Uncle?
(laughs) Yes I do call him as Uncle. He says that seeing me reminds that he is getting old. I call Kodi Ramakrishna and Sarat also as Uncles. I have many uncles now (laughs).

Heard that you are acting with one top hero this year? Who is he?
that is a secret yet. Once it is finalised I will announce it.

You already did with Balakrishna and Venkatesh. It left with Chiranjeevi and Nagarjuna. And my assumption is Chiranjeevi
I will tell once it is finalised.
hmmm. If he is top hero then it should be Rajesh (EVV's son who is sitting near to us and he is 6+ ht)
(laughs) Yes he my top hero. (laughs) no I will tell afterwards please.

How do you feel with the competition with north heroines?
that time we had only top heroines like Jayasuda, Jayapradha and Sreedevi. But now we have a new face with each and every movie.

But do they have knowledge about our language?
That doesn't really matter any more. Because our Jayapradha and Sridevi made top in hindi too. So an artist doesn't have the language barrier. But see if a hindi heroine comes four people will accompany her with flight tickets and five star hotel and good remuneration. And they takes lot of takes while shooting. That is all a craze. That all depends on the producer.

So how you felt the competition?
You should have the competition then only you will shine. You can prove yourself when you compete with others. So I am not worried about it. I have my own roles to perform. So there is no problem at present.

What is your opinion on exposing?
I won't do. In the beginning of career only I specified about it. While making of Gokulam lo Sita it self I made it clear aout it. It also depends on the character you play. For a college student you have to wear pant and shirt.

I don't think so. it depends on the person who is paying the character. If the character is played
by Rambha then she will wear her school dress only for a college dress.
(laughs) no comment. But with me it will be different definitely.

How is your trip to USA?
The trip was very good. Ok it was tiresome as we are travelling a lot, but I feel very good about it. I am very proud of it. I know many people have dreams of coming here. The girl who stays opposite to my apartment suicide as she was unable to come to America. I saw many people who dreams of coming here. When I went to visa office there are is big line where people are standing from the morning 4.00 am. The person who did his masters in computers his application was rejected. He is before me. I was praying god to get me the visa. When I got the visa I was so thrilled. I saw many people crying outside. I feel so bad about it.

Yhow is the audience response for your shows ?
The response was very good. They really enjoyed the show.
You are working with the new directors like Chandra Mahesh etc., don't you feel the risk in that.
no. see Teja's Chitram. He is new director. It is the subject which gives you the confidence. If the subject is powerful then we can depend on that.

Do your personal problems reflects your professional life?
No it won't. I forget everything once I reach the set. I just concentrates on the work. Nothing else. Even my cell won't be with me. It will be with my brother.

Are you enjoying the stardom now.
Yes I am enjoying. I am very much comfortable now.

Which was the film you expected hit the bulls eye became flop and what are your feelings?
Kalavari Chellalu Kanaka Mahalaxmi. The film was super duper hit in kannada and everyone thought it will be a big hit in telugu too. But was a flop. I was disappointed a lot.

Do you know that was a remake of Rakthasambhandam and old NTR and Savitri starrer.
No I don't know that.

Did you missed any movies because of the dates ?
Yes Samarasimha Reddy. I missed it because of the dates and finally Simran did that role.

No comments: